Smiley Face Pastries

  My mom was making chicken and pastries, and she had some left over pastries that she was about to throw away. I couldn't let them go to waste. I started playing around and I came up with smiley face pastries.
      



What you will need:
  • Pastry dough(I used puff pastry)
  • Powder sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips 
  • Small plastic bags
    How-to
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
  2. Roll out pastry dough. With a round cookie cutter or the rim of a cup, cut circles out of the rolled out dough. 
  3. In a bowl, scramble an egg. With a marinade brush, brush the egg on top of the dough that is cut into circles.
  4. Place circles on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Place in preheated oven for about 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
  5. While they are cooling, in the microwave melt the chocolate chips. Place the melted chocolate in the plastic bag and then cut the tip to make it look like a pastry bag. Then have fun! Draw faces or little pictures. After you have drawn the faces, sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of it.
  6. Enjoy!  
XOXO,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! They seriously make my day:) I will not reply to every comment but I do read through all of them and greatly appreciate them.